"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Friday, September 23, 2011

A Little Bit Stronger...

    The past couple weeks  I've started reaching out to many people other single parents, families or just single people out there getting and giving advise. I have to say it has been amazing.  People have been so wonderful and I have seen such amazing blogs.  Everyone is unique in their own way.  I've had such a great reply from people I just wanted to dedicate this post to a special friend who just recently has been going through a really hard break up and has a beautiful child.  I know from their post and just from personal experience that the first couple weeks and months are just so difficult.  The emotions haven't settled so one day your okay, the next you can be sad, or angry, it's really difficult.

    The one thing that helped me was some special friends that called or texted me daily to just see how I was doing.  I had a friend txt me every day for weeks to just say hi and to make sure I was doing well.  After a while things did get better but it took time.  For me,  my divorce was so difficult because I was attached to my wife spiritually, emotionally and physically.  When you love someone on a level like that a break up can be devastating.  The first couple weeks to months are just so difficult because your emotions are all over, being happy, sad, confused mainly.  I was really fortunate I had friends that called and texted to see how I was doing.  I had a friend txt me daily it was really good to have a friend there.

    I have had the pleasure of talking and becoming good friends with a parent that has just gone through a break up not to long ago.  A wonderful parent to an amazing child.  I wanted to keep their identification private.  The past couple weeks I've had wonderful conversations about parenthood and the stress of a breakup.  The past couple weeks have been difficult for them as well as my self.  Their support and kind words have been so wonderful.   I wanted to dedicate this post to them and say over time things get better.  To my friend I say you will get stronger but you need to go at your own pace. Take the time you need and always know there are people out there that will listen and be there for you, like me!

    I came across this song a little while ago and just feel it's so good for anyone going through a tough break up.

    I dedicate this song and post to my good friend.  The song maybe early but one day you will wake up and just feel stronger.  You will get stronger...

    

    Always remember...
               Your Never Alone...

Love,
Christopher

Sara Evans: A Little Bit Stronger



  

2 comments: