"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday's Tip: Clean up time, this time is political…



On a non single parent note…  I received this email about how to clean up congress I wanted to share and post about.  I think for just to long everyone in this country is aware that our government takes advantage of us.  They use our money for god knows what and then when things leak out about fraud or misconduct they are so sorry.  I am just as American as you but there is nothing worse than you and my hard earned money going to poor use.  Getting close to election I wonder if I should just go in blind folded or just have Quinn push the buttons when I go.  I guess it really doesn’t matter, all your picking is the next person to look busy and let their wives use our money to go on vacation.

            My whole life I lived in the middle class range.  I had nice things but worked for them.  Knew the value of the dollar and if I had some extra cash maybe spend it.  After my divorce I realized well two things.  One, I should have fought more or maybe asked for more time with my daughter.  I never told my lawyer about all the money I put into a house I was asked to leave.  Working two jobs and trying to make ends meet I realized I was barley floating above water and that I should have fell out of love with her faster and got smarter sooner.  I also realized that the government has just as many bad habits as anyone else with well, bad habits.  I realized that second we are being taken advantage of and it has to stop.  It never will but it should.  Now that I’m working extra hard trying to just eat it sickens me to find out politicians are taking expensive tips and using tax payers money to help fund them.  There are things that are caught and illegal and some honestly that are legal and should be illegal.  

            There have been politicians and their spouses that have spend millions of our hard earned money for vacations, expensive dinners, and much more.  I guess what upsets me is just there are people that work really hard in this world and we expect to pay our taxes and we realize why but when you see the misuse it just burns you.  It burns me at least.  I wrote this post weeks ago and then went back and edited because I really bitched out a few examples and realized I probably better not ha-ha.  I don’t have to tell you what current president’s wife reportedly spent $10,000,000 of tax payer’s money on vacations… I’ll leave my frustration at the door.   

             
I hate how taxpayer’s money is going to drivers of politician’s spouses, and mistresses.  Spending money on dinners getting free health care for life not paying for many expenses and not worrying about retirement.  Then when they retire they just write a dumb book and that sells millions of copies and then go to colleges and talk about how they screwed us over.  I love our military but do we really need to spend billions to police the entire world?  Every time an aircraft carrier moved 10 feed, that’s like $1,000,000 , new missiles, $1,000,000 a launch to test.  Billions and billons spend in the name of protection of Terror, (and oil) wups did I say that? 

 I vent because there are people working more than one job and working late trying to feed their kids while these politicians go out and abuse their power and our hard earned money.  Every time we get paid the government says “I just need some of that, but it’s to protect you and keep you safe”.  How about I buy a gun and keep my tax money.  They need to take away rights to politicians and give them less power, make them find health care like us, and make them call Fidelity to setup a 401k.  

I received this email and only laughed and was saddened because it’s true…Now granted Warren Buffett advised this and honestly it’s easy for him to talk he’s a billionaire.

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:
"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just
pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more
than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible
for re-election.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)
took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple!
The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail,
cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year
or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to
a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask
each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will
have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed
around.


Congressional Reform Act of 2012
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow in to the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in
Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers
envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will
only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive
the message. Don't you think it's time?

           
            The problem is we as a people need to really start asking the above questions and when politicians are really going to help our country out.  Now I would never post one side and bas them.  They do a lot and yes there are many good politicians out there that work hard and try to keep the people that need it finically protected.  Everyone knows it is what it is.  There is nothing we can do.  We need them in office and some of the kickbacks they get are just there.  I just go to work and try not to think about it.  I suggest one thing…  Buy a gun!  My friend always tells me, “When the world ends there are going to be two kinds of people out there, the kind with guns and everyone else.”

            As far as the kick backs and this post, well truth is I’m sure they get a lot at our expense and maybe one day if our country fails we can say told you so.  For now our countries debt rises like the cholesterol in most of our citizens, thanks to our fabulous ways of life…

Remember you are never alone…
And the two things you can’t escape are death and taxes…

Love,
Christopher    

           
            

No comments:

Post a Comment