"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday's Tip: Laying with your Child: Part 2

     I posted this before about how important it is to lay with your child but I wanted to post today again just to tell you how important just laying next to your child is.  There are some weekends Quinn and I stay in and rent movies and just relax on the couch.  Only having her as much as I do I make sure we spend a lot of time just being next to each other.  I'll ask her if she wants me to lay with her, she usually loves it and says yes!  We usually just relax and watch TV laugh and have enjoy each other's company.

     When you lay with you little one the bond you share is more than just sitting there.  People have no idea that just being next to them makes them feel safe, secure and comforted.  Quinn and I share a laugh or just talk sometimes.  Sometimes she doesn't want to go to bed because we are having so much fun.  The joy of just laying next to your parent has so many positive aspects.  One of the biggest is just the feeling that their parents are there.  When you are dealing with a divorce it's hard because the child may not see their father or mother as much as they used to.

     I can't tell you how cute it is when she moves over and ask me to lay with her, we put on a good movie and just relax with a blanket and no cell phones.   Just some basic Daddy Daughter time.  I can't say how important it is just to be next to your parent.  Growing up I can remember how much I loved laying next to my parents and how just knowing they were there made such a difference.  So to any single parents I say spend time playing, running around and yes having fun, but spend some time laying on the couch or bed and just relax.  Take some time to lay with your child and let them know there is quiet time and a time to just relax.  Let them know you are there for them and that you love them by just being there.  Maybe they hear your heartbeat, or maybe they just hold your hand, but these small acts make all the difference...

     Lay with you're child and let them know, you are there...

Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment