"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A day in the leaves

     Yesterday my Mom and I headed over to the church to help rake up the leaves.  Every year we try to get the leaves on the church lawn raked up so it's ready for the winter.  The church sits on about 5 acres of land and there are many trees that are on the property.  The leaves can get very intense in the fall.  So for about 3 hours 15 of us got the lawn cleaned and raked up!  We had the leaves put on the sides of the road and someone will come and get them this week.

     The past few years I have been very busy with both my jobs, Quinn and just keeping the house in order.  I haven't had much time to help with church events so when this event came up I was excited to help out.  It was nice to get back in the game and help out.  My church is very important in my life and taking a few hours to help out was the least I could do.  It was nice at lunch to catch up and talk as well.  Trying to get back in the game to help out and be more active is something I really want to do and hope as time goes on I can get back in the game more.  Until then I am just taking my time and going at a good pace.

     Here are some great pics of our day!

Love,
Christopher

Getting Started!







We worked together to get the job done.


There was a lot of yard to cover.


It looked great after.


We raked a lot of leaves.






Taking a small break to just relax.

Getting lunch ready.



Almost done!

Here we all are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment