"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: Keeping Naptime on time...

                So I have posted a lot about nap time, and you are probably wondering what could I post next.  Well to give one additional tip make sure your child naps on time!  Last weekend we had a last day on Saturday and she went down about an hour later than usual.  She slept great but then she couldn’t really sleep at night.  We rocked and listened to music but she was up.  She finally fell asleep but not until after she got up and snuck around the upstairs!  I know what it’s like to be a night owl.   
                So my tip is to make sure to get the kids down for their nap on time, or just have them push through.  They maybe a little cranky but it beats them not sleeping till later.  The hardest thing about the nap is that it’s usually after lunch and that’s when you’re out and about doing things.  You have to be home for the middle of the day.  Now I think her Mom doesn’t give her a nap still, that’s what I believe as she told me.  I think she still needs one just because of how tired she can get throughout the day and how early she gets up.  I always ask her after her nap how she feels.  She always say’s “good”.  I think we as people do so much that a nap every once and a while is good for us.  Europeans take them daily, and adults still take them so don’t say you grow out of them. 
                We live in a world where we get up early and go to bed late.  Work one or two, or even more jobs and just over use our mind and body till we go home and just crash for a few hours.  Then we have to go shopping, clean the house, do laundry, work out and other odds and ends to keep life moving.  There are some days I cram all my chores in one day and get everything done, I am exhausted but, life of a single Dad I guess….  So on top of your child napping, make sure you law down on the couch for a minute and rest.  Give your body and mind the break it deserves. 
                Remember as well  don’t take your nap to late either or you will be counting sheep!  Raising kids just takes good old time and patients.  You live and learn and then move forward…

Always Remember,
You are never alone…
Love,
Christoher

No comments:

Post a Comment