"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday's Tip: Sometimes all you have to do is ask...

     Last week I emailed Quinn's Mom to see if I could take her Monday for half the day.  She said that would be great and to see what time.  I ended up getting her at 8:30 and we had a great morning.  We had breakfast and then went home to just relax.  Quinn got me a cute card and gift card for my birthday!  As a single Dad I blog about how hard it is and that you have to work together with your Ex for the child's sake.  I was nervous because I haven't asked in a while and technically this day is not one that is mine but it was really nice she let me have her.  I think she got some things done her self which is good too.  Being a single parent has been difficult we have had times of disagreement over times and different things but you should always at least try and ask.  If she said no, I would have been okay.  I would have done the things I had to do around the house but I was so excited she did say yes.  I hope over time I can see her even more.  I guess all i will have to do is ask...

     Ask for different days or times and share your kids.  I asked for a half day that way I could spend time with her and get some of my own things done as well.  I was so happy that I got to see her and our breakfast we fun.  I want to tell all my single parent friends to stay strong and please work together.  Share days and let your child see each of you.  This also give the one parent that may have them more some time to get some things done too.  I hope everyone has been having a great fall season!

Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment