"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Monday, November 4, 2013

A Sad Goodbye

     I wanted to talk about the update this weekend but a few weekends ago was Vicki's retirement party.  Her final service was that Sunday then after we had a lunch afterwards.  The service was very nice, it was sad to see Vicki's last service however.  She did a children's service and it was just nice to hear her again.  I thought of all the years of service and all the talks we've had.  I can still remember being on Vestry and meeting Vicki, over the years I have had the pleasure of working with her and growing close to her and her family.  Her services always captured me and brought me in, her kind words and the time she spent always being there for me as well as others is something you don't see often.

     When we got word she was retiring I knew it was coming and as hard as it was to hear I accepted it.  Vicki has been such an amazing part of my life I can't explain it.  She is a very strong follower of my blog and has baptized Quinn.  Quinn loves her so very much I can't wait to catch up soon.  Ministers are some of the most amazing people on this planet.  They not only teach us about our faith but they also listen to us and when we have problems they listen and even help take take that burden and pain off our shoulders.  I don't know where I would be without her, when I went through my divorce she was always there to talk or listen.  In my darkest hour she was there.  I never became so close to a minister and at first I was nervous because our church has had a few in the past few years before she arrived.  I knew she was there for keeps after our youth group became close with her and she spend the night in our lock in with us when I was younger.  

     Over the years our relationship grew and with fundraisers, meetings and other events I have grown close and was honored to call her my friend, then over time one of my highest advisors...  

     The lunch we had was wonderful, many people came out even the bishop and his wife.  We had a great time and Vicki had such kind words.  I know now as she retires she can do more and travel.  I now we will stay in touch and as the church works hard for a new minister I will be excited to see what happens.  I always told my self to never be upset, to keep my faith even if Vicki is no longer there, she is in spirit, she maybe relaxing or traveling but I will think about the times we had there and how she was always there for me.    

     Vicki as one of my readers I want to say thank you, thank you for everything you have done.  I hope you rest and just enjoy your retirement.  Quinn and I will miss seeing you but your work is done, you were sent here to help so many and so many you have helped...  You are an amazing person and I will keep in touch as the time goes on.  

I love you, and everything you have done...

Always remember,
You are never alone...


Love,
Christopher

God bless you Vicki and enjoy your retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment