"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Monday, July 21, 2014

My Ex Got Married...

     A few months ago a fellow blogger wrote about how her Ex was having a baby and how that made her fell and how things like this are part of life.  The past weekend my Ex got married, for a few months now I saw a ring but didn't say anything and figured I would let her tell me.  It wasn't until I emailed her on why Quinn was missing soccer last Thursday she told me it was her rehearsal dinner.  I congratulated her and joked about how my invite must have been lost in the mail...  Quinn talked about the wedding months before but I didn't say anything until I knew.  Friday morning I called her and she picked up.  I asked if today was her wedding day and she said yes.  I told her I just wanted to say I hope she has a good day and that she has fun and that Quinn does to and to take pictures.  I told her I was happy for her and was happy she was marring someone who was very good to Quinn and who was a nice guy.

     I have spoken with him in the past and knew they were friends for along time.  Someone told me it was good she was with someone she knew well other than some guy she could have just meet at some place and not knowing what will happen with Quinn.  It's not always easy dropping Quinn off and her spending more time with others, I know like many other single parents we have our differences and may even fight about things we feel right about but for that day I just wanted to wish her well.  My grandmother always instilled to let things go and to do the right thing.  I know if it was my wedding she probably won't do the same but sometimes you just do what you feel is right or may help with closure.  I have had it for a while now but an event like this isn't always easy and even if you are mad at what that person is doing now you have to remember you did love them one point in your life and one time you were getting married.  I though back to our day and how far I have come.  You never want to wish bad things on anyone even an ex you are upset at or feel you are getting the short end of the stick.  I know my grandmother would have been proud for a moment we talked and didn't argue. 

     Like I have said in my blog before I feel upset because I don't see my daughter as much as I should because she won't let me but that will change one day, Quinn may want to spend more time with me and will have that choice.  For now I wished my Ex well and hope she has a good day.  You can't feed your anger, there isn't anything or anywhere it will get you. 

Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment