"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday's Tip: Work with what you have...

     I leave to go out of town for a few days to help out my Dad at a Leadership camp for Scouts!  I am very excited because we don't get to do this often and it's been several years.  Tomorrow I can't take Quinn because I will be away so I asked to see her in the morning.  I don't have much time because she has to be at her summer help class in the morning but it's better than nothing.  We tried to work it out so Kayla picks Quinn up Friday overnight however Quinn's Mom didn't feel comfortable or whatever that is.  Funny because Quinn would rather stay with Kayla more than her Mom or I ha-ha... 

     So I pick up the Munch tomorrow morning and I will take her to breakfast or do something fun with her for the short hour I have and continue on with my day.  I used to get upset and until a lawyer steps in to help you just have to work with what you have.   I have some time in the morning and I will make sure Quinn has fun and just enjoys being with me.  I know its not the overnight I have but I just will make the best of it and when she gets older she can decide what she wants to do.  In the mean time I just love her and get as much time to spend with her as I can...

So my tip is to not feel you lost a battle if you have to work around your schedule but make the most of it and do something.  Get something to eat, or go to the park.  Show them you love them and will work with the timeframe you have...  If your Ex is controlling...  Well do the best you can...

Always remember...

You are never alone...
Love,
Christopher

1 comment:

  1. Wow your ex doesn't seem to be very fair. That's sad. Because you seem like a great dad who WANTS to be involved in your child's life and unfortunately you're limited due to a controlling ex. There are so many deadbeat and absent dads out there who walk away completely your ex doesn't realize how lucky her daughter is to have a dad who cares and she should try to coparent more fairly for yourdaughters sake

    ReplyDelete