"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday's: Rest when you can

     Usually I send a tip you're way about being a parent but today I am sending you a tip!  Rest Up!  Getting your sleep is a very well known fact and most Americans pass it aside because of how busy we are and how hard we work.  This past weekend we didn't have Quinn and we slept in on Saturday till almost noon!  I laughed because I can't believe how tired I was but I must have needed it because it felt good to catch up.  Sometimes I feel I am tired down the middle of my bones.  When you are tired a good nights sleep will help.  Sometimes that's not enough you need a very deep long sleep.  Sometimes you just need  to really sleep late.

     Parents especially because kids go to bed early and usually are up and bored by the early hours of the day!  They say we do need around 6 to 8 hours of good sleep a night and yes everyone is different.  Sometimes a quick power nap mid day is also helpful, just don't sleep at your desk at work!  Your body will tell you when you are tired and don't fool it by taking meds or drinking coffee to keep it up.  Make sure you plan your sleep time according to your needs and don't over do it.  Sleep is very important, people take it for granted and it shows in the end.  I can tell when Quinn gets tired or doesn't sleep much.  She will get a little cranky and it shows. 

     So some tips!

1)  Don't do to much during the week or day.  Make sure you have some down time.
2) Have nice lighting in your room.  Soft lights are a bit yellow so your eye's will get sleepy faster.
3) If you have to get up early, go to bed early!
4) Set a few alarms if you feel you might sleep through them.  Also make one on the other side so you get up and have to actually move to get it.
5) Have a nice comfortable bed.  Invest in a good bed!  You won't get anywhere with a lumpy old mattress.  Spend some money you do spend 1/3 of your live in bed you know.
6) Try to have distractions off, TV Music.  Unless they help you sleep.  Music usually puts me right to sleep.
7)  If you have  free weekend or day or so during the week you don't work.  Sleep in!  Take a weekend to just relax.  Winter is coming and there is nothing wrong with a movie day! 

I hope the following tips helped!  If you have others let me know!

Always remember,
You are never alone...

Love,
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment