"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy Anniversary Is the Juice Worth the Squeeze.

     A few days around Christmas in 2010 I sat down in my house alone and started this blog.  I wasn't honestly sure what I was going to talk about or how far it would go.  All I know is that I wanted to just put some thoughts and feelings down because at the time I was alone in my new home always from my daughter only seeing her a few times a week.  I can remember as time went on all I wanted to do was help others, single parents or not.  I know I only had one goal just to reach out to at least one person.  I wanted to let parents like my self who are going through a divorce or are raising children in different homes now know they are not alone.  There is hope, and others out there, even if you feel you are alone you are not.


     As my post increased I tried to add things like Tips and tricks new pages came along with help on divorce and raising a child.  I even started doing reviews this year.  I can remember my first comment from someone I did not know just saying my blog was helpful and being a single parent was difficult.  I can remember just be so happy that yes others may have been helped but this was my first comment that I saw and if I helped others and they were just quiet its ok.  Seeing my first comment of someone reaching out and saying thank you made it all.  It just makes that difference.  When you work so hard to reach others and put a blog together with things you feel would help, all the time and energy and then someone says thanks and yes you made a difference, to me.  I can't tell you how amazing it was.


     Now the site has gained popularity and with many people reading it I still say you are never alone.  Even with the people out there that send hate comments or ones in anger keep reading, keep posting and never give up no matter how hard it may seem. 


     I wanted to thank all my readers and followers for all your help and encouragement.  You have all been amazing.  My family, friends and fellow bloggers.  As we start a new year I wanted to say I am excited for what is to come, the joy, hope and struggles that come with it.  No matter how hard life gets look around you and know what you have and remember there is hope.


     I want to specially thank Kayla for coming into my life and never giving up.  Never getting angry how difficult my life can be.  She took Quinn in as her own and loves her very much.  She helps me in more ways I could ever possibly imagine...


    I also want to say to Quinn I know its hard, you have two homes and are moving to each one weekly.  I know I can be hard on you at times and for this I'm sorry.  Once day maybe you will read this post and see my site and know all the work I do is for other parents that need help, but also for you.  I share our adventures because I want the world to see how much you are loved and how anger and things like a divorce won't win.  That when I pick you up that's all that matters... 


It has been an amazing 5 years and I can't wait to keep posting.  I can't wait to share more stories and tips.  For anyone out there know I started off in a place of confusion, anger and frustration but with time, family and friends there is hope.  Never give up...


Here is the link to my very first post.
Day one the storm subsides.html


Always Always Always Remember,
You are Never Alone...


Love,
Christopher




Day one the storm subsides.html

No comments:

Post a Comment