"Make sure that what you are doing and striving for is going to be worth any sacrifices you will have to make along the way. If it's a relationship, job, anything in life."

Monday, May 9, 2016

Crispy (Burned) Broccoli

     So everyone knows Broccoli is one of the most difficult vegetables to get your kids, and even some adults to eat.  However it is one of the best ones for you, there are so many good vitamins, minerals and other aspects the vegetable does.  This post would be to long, so in short it really is a super food!  I will be the first to admit I don't eat enough of it, my wife will tell you this too.  I know the importance of vegetables and try to cook them in a way I will enjoy them so I eat them more.  Below is a great idea we came across at a friends house and loved it ever since!  We even get Quinn to eat her broccoli this way too!

     So how does one put broccoli and burned together to make something good to eat!  Honestly I have no idea maybe to negatives equal a positive?  I will admit it is odd but I never know till I tried this new side dish how much I would love it!  Kayla does an amazing job at making it, no lie, Quinn asked for seconds and thirds!  I think the crunch along with the seasons cooked in with the oil just makes them easy and tasteful to eat.

     We actually broil it.  Yes we cook them at a high temperature with some seas onions and oil and give it a  good char.  The nice crunch and bit of char taste makes them easier I would say for me that is to eat and enjoy!  There are many ways to cook broccoli however this one always works for us and I hope you enjoy it to!

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients:  
-Broccoli (measurement is up to how many people you are having)
-Olive Oil
-Garlic Powder or other seasons you enjoy!
-Salt
-Pepper
-Any other seasoning you would enjoy

Directions:
Set your oven to broil
Take your broccli and trim them down cutting them to smaller pieces.
Place them in a large bowl.
Drizzle olive oil over them.  Just a bit you don't have to soak them!
Lightly season them with salt, pepper and anything else you would like.
Place on a cooking sheet.
Place in the oven and watch carefully for about 20-25 minutes.
When you take them out they will look burned, that is good!  They will have some crisp and texture to them.  You can also cook them shorter or longer.  This is all up to you.

  We also do other vegetables like cauliflower this way too.  We found it really works and even I love them and will have seconds and thirds of my vegetables!  This side dish is also so easy and you can just have it cooking while your main dish is being worked or cooking too.  The dish won't take up to much of your time.  You can also prep the broccoli early in the day to so your are fully ready if you are having a party.



Give it a try, your kids might like it and surprise you.  

Always remember, cooking should be Fun, so have Fun doing it!

Chef
Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment